- This RSC Backgrounder explains the actions already taken by the Biden administration pivoting to a weak posture toward China and outlines the concerning aspects of many of his foreign policy picks.
- Republican Study Committee Chairman Rep. Jim Banks, R-Ind., and Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., on Wednesday introduced new legislation to sanction a Chinese government-backed "disinformation network."
- If their proposal, set to be announced this morning by Representative Lance Gooden and the Republican Study Committee — which initially called for these reforms in June — becomes law, it stands a chance at complicating these foreign-influence operations.
Washington Free Beacon- GOP Leaders Press State Department to Designate China’s Treatment of Uighurs as Genocide
- Republican members of the House Armed Services Committee are pressing the State Department to formally designate China's suppression of its Uighur minority population as a genocide, according to a copy of the congressional communication obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.
- For the first time in its history, the Republican Study Committee (RSC)—the largest conservative caucus on Capitol Hill—will make countering the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) a key part of its agenda under the leadership of its newly elected chairman, Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.).
- Top conservative lawmakers in the U.S. House of Representatives are launching a legislative blitz against Democrat President Joe Biden, exposing his weakness when it comes to the threat of the Chinese Communist Party and Biden’s coziness with the Communists in Beijing.
National Review- Chinese Military Companies Are in GOP Crosshairs
- Jackson's bill fits into a broader Republican Study Committee push to hold the new administration to account on China-related issues, Representative Jim Banks (R., Ind.), the RSC’s chairman, told NR. “Encouraging China’s rise means encouraging America’s demise. That’s something the Trump administration understood, but the Biden administration doesn’t. That’s why the RSC will hold the Biden administration’s feet to the flames and encourage Congress to pass legislation that would keep sanctions on Chinese military companies,” Banks said.
One America News: GOP Group Launches Legislative Blitz On Biden-China Policies
- Conservative lawmakers launched a series of legislative proposals against China to challenge Joe Biden’s soft stance on the communist regime. On Tuesday, Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.) said he led the effort with the Republican Study Committee. He noted “we must continue President Trump’s approach to confronting China.”