WASHINGTON – Chairman Mike Johnson (R-La.) today announced issue-specific Republican Study Committee (RSC) task forces that will be made up of members experienced in the groups’ various issue areas. The task forces will generate conservative policy solutions for our nation’s most pressing challenges.
REP. JOHNSON RELEASED THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT:
“As the largest caucus of conservatives in Congress, the RSC is fully prepared to confront the House Democrats’ liberal agenda over the next two years. A key part of our strategy will be the utilization of specific task forces to ensure we are focused on the issues that matter most to the American people and have the resources we need to combat ill-advised policies with real, actionable solutions.”
THE TASK FORCES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- BUDGET & SPENDING TASK FORCE
- The Budget and Spending Task Force will be in charge of producing the annual RSC budget and spearheading RSC strategy related to spending caps, the debt limit and appropriations.
- Chairman Jim Banks (R-Ind.)
- HEALTH CARE TASK FORCE
- The Health Care Task Force will develop proposals to restore patient control of health care decisions, lower premiums and ensure more choices for coverage. It will address the failures of Obamacare by providing alternative solutions that benefit, not burden, the American people.
- Chairman Roger Marshall (R-Kan.)
- AMERICAN WORKER TASK FORCE
- The American Worker Task Force will address the challenges related to building a strong and vibrant workforce that can compete in our 21st century global economy, which will have benefits for families, communities and our country.
- Chairman Andy Barr (R-Ky.)
- NATIONAL SECURITY & FOREIGN AFFAIRS TASK FORCE
- The National Security and Foreign Affairs Task Force will assist in keeping RSC members abreast of important events around the world and provide engagement opportunities and legislative ideas to ensure national security and secure international relations.
- Chairman Joe Wilson (R-S.C.)
- GOVERNMENT EFFICIENCY, ACCOUNTABILITY AND REFORM (GEAR) TASK FORCE
- The GEAR Task Force will work to make government more efficient and accountable by offering measures to reform, streamline and modernize federal government.
- Chairman Greg Gianforte (R-Mont.)
- RSC ACTION TEAM TASK FORCE
- The RSC Action Team Task Force will advise RSC members on best practices and strategic tactics to ensure the conservative voice is heard and the agenda of the American people is advanced despite liberal control of the House.
- Chairman Paul Mitchell (R-Mich.)